Friday, December 4, 2009

Thing 23 - I made it!

Wow, as I look back to the beginning of the year as I sat in our first days PD with Ron, listening to him talk about Web 2.0, I couldn't help but feel sad that it seemed like technology was the way of the future and that interacting was a thing of the past.  As I've taken this class and completed my "things", I have a whole different understanding of technology, its uses in school, and how much more interacting it can bring.  


I was so excited to complete the course so I could take all of these wonderful things I have learned and start implementing them into my classroom.  I've already taken my first steps with creating a classroom blog and slideshows starring my 3rd graders.  I have used photo mashups to create passports for my students as we begin our Christmas Around the World unit.  I've made connections with teachers from all over that I never would have made without taking this class.  


I have grown immeasurably and I think my feelings about education have completely changed.  I am feeling a sense of urgency to make change happen before we lose any more kids.  I have no doubt that this is just the beginning of my journey.  Web 2.0 has opened so many doors that I never knew existed and I plan on continuing to explore those avenues in the future.  This has given me the confidence in my abilities to foster those same abilities in my students.  Look out techie world, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers