Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thing 12 - LibraryThing

It was really hard to pick just one, but I reviewed the tool, LibraryThing. It is a sight that allows you to catalog all of your books (I used part of my classroom library) by title, author, and tags that you create to classify the books. There are even reviews on many of the books available. This would be another tool for my students to be able to go to my classroom library with a plan at hand as to what books they would like to take out, rather than looking through all of the baskets I have. I could coordinate the tags with the baskets to help narrow their search (this seems a lot easier than alphabetizing all of my books!). Library thing also offers forums where you can chat with others who have the same interests in books that you do and read some of their reviews. If you go to the local tab, you can find out about events and bookstores in your area - great way to find out about author visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers