Saturday, November 7, 2009

Reflections on blogs and their impact on the classroom

I think a good blog is one that is easy to read and navigate. One that I can quickly access the information I'm looking for and is updated on a fairly consistent basis. Blogs could enhance our existing website by making getting to common websites easier for my kids. They could just access them from one central location (no more misspelled www addresses that take us to who-knows-where). I think blogs make it much easier to get information to more people without having to jump through all the hoops of getting something published.

My initial thoughts on Web 2.0 was: Yikes! How in the world am I going to be able to address this "new" learner??? It scared the bejesus out of me! But then when I took a minute to step back, I realized that this opens all kinds of new doors to learning and I might be able to hang up my "Sage on the Stage" hat every once in awhile and let the kids take hold of their own learning a little more so that I can become more of the "Guide on the Side".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers